This is just a simple missionary's blog. Currently, I'm a children's pastor, but am involved in missions at my church. I firmly believe that God is calling me to be a missionary to Eastern Europe to work with orphans. I'm just following His leading. One day soon He'll bring a handsome man into the picture and...well....we'll see what else He brings. Enjoy reading!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer 2012

Here it is! The summer edition of Chelsea Chronicles!

New Growth, New Strength

Hello! Wow it has been a packed, fun, crazy spring and summer! It has flown by so fast! As you know, I moved to Oregon in December to become a children’s pastor. God has blessed me beyond what words could describe. I absolutely love being here! Since coming here, I’ve seen myself grow and mature, and become stronger in my walk with the Lord. This spring, my church built a new building (we were meeting in a school and wanted a place of our own). After 4 months of intense work, we moved into our building mid-June. God has started to grow the church, and we’re seeing new families every week. In the middle of construction, we went to Mexico on a mission trip. It was awesome! I had such a blast with all the neighborhood kids, and we made an impact in the lives of the family that we built a house for. This summer, I had the opportunity to take 12 of my kids to camp. God poured out on the kids! I saw them worshipping and on their faces before the Lord. He spoke to them and revealed Himself to them like never before. There were also lots of salvations, and even some healings!

More Training, More Growing

One thing I promised myself when I became a children’s pastor is that I would never stop learning and growing. I have the opportunity this fall to go to Bethel in Redding, California for a Children’s Leaders Transformational School. It’s a one week conference devoted to helping children’s leaders learn about children’s ministries, and showing them how to take their ministry to the next level. The conference is September 24th-28th. I will be driving down with a friend who helps me with crafts on the 23rd. Our budget is $1650. This will provide the money for gas, food, hotel, and registration for both of us. My heart for the kids at my church is that they come to know Jesus more and more and go deeper in their relationship with Him. I don’t want the things we teach them to remain head knowledge, but to go down into their hearts. As I said, our budget is $1650. We only have 3 weeks to raise the money. We can’t go without help. Any gift you can give would be greatly appreciated. God is doing awesome things, and I want to see that continue!
Prayer Requests
- Continued spiritual growth in the lives of the kids in kidLIFE (children’s ministries)
- Wisdom and spiritual growth for me as I continue to spearhead the ministry
- Safety as Hannah and I drive to Redding
- God to move in even more powerful ways in kidLIFE, and at the conference!
- Unity in the Body of Christ

Thank you for your support and prayers! If you are interested in donating to the “Send Chelsea and Hannah to Redding” fund (as my pastor coined it), you can go to www.deeperlives.com, and click on the “Online Giving” tab. In the memo line, please put children’s leaders conference. You can also send a check to East River Fellowship, 5350 NE Elam Young Pkwy. #102, Hillsboro, OR 97124.

Blessings,
Chelsea

No comments: