This is just a simple missionary's blog. Currently, I'm a children's pastor, but am involved in missions at my church. I firmly believe that God is calling me to be a missionary to Eastern Europe to work with orphans. I'm just following His leading. One day soon He'll bring a handsome man into the picture and...well....we'll see what else He brings. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Power of the Holy Spirit

Today started as any normal Tuesday would. I was going to get up early and exercise, but I decided to be lazy and sleep in. I didn't have my quiet time with the Lord like I usually would either. I felt bad. The Lord told me not to eat breakfast today, like I usually would. Then, when break came, I felt the Lord calling me to fast today. In truth, I didn't want to. I fought Him all the way. As always, the Lord won. Every Tuesday, we have fasting chapel as a student body. We all fast lunch and go to the chapel over our typical lunch period. It started off normal. We worshiped and prayed. Then, one of the leaders felt the Lord calling everyone to pray corporately for healing. He asked that anyone who needs healing to stand. People gathered around me and I thought it would be the usual prayers for healing. I've already felt the Lord healing me from the migraines and they've been way better. I still am battling slight headaches and muscle pain. This prayer was different. I asked the other students to stand with me in faith and rebuke the devil. When they laid hands on me, I felt something strange. It was like a tingling feeling in my chest. I felt like I had been electrocuted or something. When they were done, I felt better and the pain wasn't as bad. Now, I felt jittery and excited and tingly. The feeling was all over. I felt a surging in my heart. I can't really explain it. The Lord told me to pray for a classmate who's been struggling with seizures and migraines (something that I have dealt with before), and stand in faith for his healing. I was going to just pray for him, the the Holy Spirit had other plans. I started speaking to him before I knew what I was doing. The Holy Spirit was speaking through me, telling him to rebuke the devil and stand strong. I don't really know everything that I said. I hadn't even prayed for him yet, and we were both in tears. Then, I prayed for him, and again the Holy Spirit spoke through me. We were both praying out loud, him in English, me in tongues or English. I can't even explain it. The weird feeling continued. Even after we were done praying. I've never felt that before. Looking back on it, I can totally see that the Holy Spirit fell on me and used me to speak to a friend. Not only did it uplift and encourage him, but I feel empowered and invincible. I know the Lord is on my side, and as long as I stay rooted in Him, the devil can't touch me. He has no power over me and he's lost. By the shed blood of Jesus Christ, I have authority over the devil. In Jesus Christ's name, I am healed!

1 comment:

Village Talkies said...

Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.