This is just a simple missionary's blog. Currently, I'm a children's pastor, but am involved in missions at my church. I firmly believe that God is calling me to be a missionary to Eastern Europe to work with orphans. I'm just following His leading. One day soon He'll bring a handsome man into the picture and...well....we'll see what else He brings. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reflections on my time of fasting for Central Asia

So today my team and I are fasting for our mission trip to Central Asia. I woke up really excited for what the Lord would do today and I'm still waiting anxiously to see the breakthrough that I've been praying for. Many members of my team are struggling financially and it's been really hard on them. We know that God has called us to go and we will not be stopped by a mere thing like finances. Is Jehovah Jireh the God of the Universe or not? Is He in control? Absolutely! I know that God is going to move mightily and that all those who are called to go will raise the required funds. All we have to do is stand strong against the attacks of the devil, trust in our Heavenly Provider, work hard (not be lazy), and watch the Lord work miracles in our lives and the lives of those around us.

During my quiet time, I was listening to worship music and several songs came on my iTunes that really hit me. I love just putting the thing on random and letting God have His way in my heart. One of the first songs that came on was Days of Elijah. Now, this song is pretty old and I wasn't paying too much attention to it. Then one phrase hit me really hard. The song says, "Still, we are the voice in the desert crying 'Prepare ye the way of the Lord!'" We are going to a desert, not just physically, but spiritually as well. The people of Central Asia have no knowledge of Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer, thus creating a spiritual desert. There is no living water pouring into their desperate and thirsty hearts. We have been called to go be a witness no matter the cost. The Gospel came to this spiritually dark land in the 4th century. Hearts turned to Christ but they were soon overrun by darkness and the devil took control. Later the song says, "These are the days of Ezekiel, The dry bones becoming as flesh; And these are the days of Your servant David, Rebuilding a temple of praise. These are the days of the harvest, The fields are as white in Your world, And we are the labourers in Your vineyard, Declaring the word of the Lord!" We are going to bring life giving water so that dry bones will become flesh and the Body of Christ will be built up. We will rebuild a temple of praise in this dark land. This is the day of harvest and we are called to go bring it in. We will declare the Word of the Lord, no matter the cost! I also felt the Lord give this verse to our team, "For so the Lord has commanded us,'I HAVE PLACED YOU AS A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES, THAT YOU MAY BRING SALVATION TO THE END OF THE EARTH.'" We will go out to these brokenhearted people and be light to them so that they might come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!

Another thing the Lord really spoke into my heart as I was spending time with Him was how we are to be silver purified. He's been speaking to me about this for a few months now. When silver is being purified, the silversmith knows when it's ready because he can see his own reflection in it. We are being purified. But we have to go through the process first. It's hard, uncomfortable, and most don't want to go through it. But as we are purified, our Silversmith burns away the dross (the muck that comes to the surface) and starts to see His reflection in the silver. A song cam on called "Christ be formed". I listened to this song twice (not just because my brother, Adam, is playing the drums on the song). The song talks about Christ forming us. How He strips away the unneeded things and makes us nothing. We have to come to the end of ourselves and surrender our lives completely to Him. We are weak and frail nothings but Christ forms us in His image and makes us something. Through Him, we are made beautiful, whole, purified, and spotless somethings that have the faith to move mountains and storm the strongholds of the enemy!

Thanks for reading! I know it's really long but I really wanted to share what the Lord spoke to me. God bless!

No comments: