This is just a simple missionary's blog. Currently, I'm a children's pastor, but am involved in missions at my church. I firmly believe that God is calling me to be a missionary to Eastern Europe to work with orphans. I'm just following His leading. One day soon He'll bring a handsome man into the picture and...well....we'll see what else He brings. Enjoy reading!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Winter 2012 Newsletter

I sent out a winter newsletter about a month ago and was asked to repost it here, so here you go!

Old Place, New Start...


Hello from Oregon! “Oregon?!?!” You say. “Why from Oregon?” Well, that’s a very interesting story. You may remember two years ago when I was preparing to go on the mission field to Central Asia. I came to Oregon to fundraise and see family. While here, I had the chance to reconnect with a pastor and his family, whom I have known since I was little. After graduating, I contacted the pastor’s wife and asked if I could come back and share what God with the church had done in Central Asia. On October 14th, in a facebook message, I was asked if I would like to move to back to Oregon and become the children’s pastor of the church. I thought it was a joke at first, but she was totally serious. After nearly 3 weeks of prayer, asking for counsel, and having received 2 dreams from the Lord, I contacted them back and formally accepted the position. I arrived here on December 6th with my poor car fully loaded and started work the next day. It’s been challenging and crazy, but I have loved every minute of my job and look forward to what God has for me and the children here in Oregon.

Mexico…Building Homes, Loving People…

When I accepted the children’s pastor position, I wasn’t really sure what God was doing with my life. I know that God is calling me to full-time missions; it’s the “when” that I’m not sure about. A few weeks ago, I was asked to join my church’s mission team to Mexico. After prayer and an “all clear” from my pastor to miss a week, I decided to join the team. I’m going to Mexico! We’ll be there from March 24th-31st, and will be working with Amor Ministries in Mexico building homes for poor families. These families have no electricity, no running water, no place to live, and no relationship with Jesus Christ. We have the opportunity to give them a home and share the saving news of Jesus Christ with them. But I can’t do it alone. The trip cost is $500. Any gift you can give will be greatly appreciated. All funds can be sent to East River Fellowship with a Mexico Missions-Chelsea Scriber in the memo line. You have the opportunity to be a part of my support team as I prepare to go. If you would like to, you can check out my church’s Mexico mission trip video from last year to see what they did at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ORKcCEark.

Prayer Requests…

 My Mexico team as we prepare to go and as we raise our funds.
 The children that I am in charge of, that they would not just learn a bunch of head knowledge, but that they would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
 That God would give me wisdom, creativity, and health as I carry out my duties.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your support. It’s been a fun, crazy road, and you’ve been there supporting and praying for me. I can’t thank you enough.

Blessings, Chelsea

No comments: