This is just a simple missionary's blog. Currently, I'm a children's pastor, but am involved in missions at my church. I firmly believe that God is calling me to be a missionary to Eastern Europe to work with orphans. I'm just following His leading. One day soon He'll bring a handsome man into the picture and...well....we'll see what else He brings. Enjoy reading!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Time with God

I was having my "Jesus Time" a week ago and was having a hard time. I didn't feel any emotions. I just felt like I was hitting a brick wall and not really connecting with God. So I asked God if the brick wall was a demonic thing or from God. I felt Him saying to me that my time with Him isn't always going to be this super emotional encounter. In the past, my time with Him was usually defined by "feeling" like I was connecting with Him. My Jesus Time had become so defined by emotions that if I wasn't "feeling" anything then I was obviously doing something wrong. I just felt Him telling me that it wouldn't always be like that. Kind of like visiting with a friend, you don't always "feel" something. It just feels good to spend time with them, but you're not emotional. God was trying to tell me that my time with Him should be like spending time with a friend. My time won't always be this emotional encounter, and not feeling Him isn't a bad thing.

I feel like Christians today don't really know what it means to spend time with God. As if a "quiet time" or whatever has to be this super spiritual thing, when in reality, God just wants to spend time with His creation like friends spend time with one another. Sometimes there will be emotions, but not always. Reading His Word, talking with Him (sharing my concerns and desires and anything I have on my mind), and just listening to what He has to tell me is what He wants.

No comments: